Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Fan's Heart Only For Jung Yong Hwa (The 2013 Blue Moon World Tour -- CN Blue Live In Manila)

My trip to the airport that afternoon of June 16, Sunday, was uneventful. After strolling around SM Mall of Asia with my cousin, then what?

Of course, I still had that Blue Moon high, but let's face it: the concert had ended, and it was time to face another day of work the next day. I bet CN Blue also had faced that fact that they will have to go back to practicing again for their concert in Beijing. Nevertheless, the memory still lived on.

After checking in and going through all the standard procedures, I finally waited at Gate 133 of NAIA 3 for boarding. Since I was a bit early, and because it was a hassle to pull out the Reader's Digest June 2013 issue that I had bought the day before, I decided to kill time by writing an entry for my blog. The next thing I knew, a hilarious ruckus occurred at the airport. Up to now, the memory made me smile everytime I think of it.

I had only thought of writing two blogs, the second being my spazz entry. However, after seeing a photo of someone familiar in a CN Blue group on Facebook, I realized many people were inspired by what they had seen, and it also inspired me to write this third entry.

So, what was that thing about? 

Check this out.

Nothing can imprison the heart of a fan who loves.
(Photo credit to owner)

You see this girl in the picture? Before I will tell you who she is, let me go back to my story about the hilarious incident at the airport.

Okey, so while I was busy wracking my brains and thinking on how to arrange my words coherently, my eyes lazily drifted to the woman a little bit in front of me. I noticed that both of her legs had leg braces, and that she was putting one leg after another on the wheelchair seat. Seeing her on that condition made me remember the injuries I suffered secondary to a car accident almost a decade ago, and I was also confined once in a while in a wheelchair for almost four months. But then, I did not mind them too much because they were passengers like me, waiting for their flights.

However, in the middle of her conversation with her friend, the woman with the wheelchair suddenly sang a portion of a CN Blue song, and I looked at her. I began to think that these people had been to the concert last night as well. I transferred beside her discreetly to begin some small talk aside from the fact that the scene from outside was too glaring.

To make the long story short, when the woman and her friends learned that I had been to the concert too, they squealed again at the memories of the oppas. These women did not expect to see a Boice at the airport. I got to know them, most especially Miss Pebbles, the one who owns the wheelchair. I shared to them a copy of PULP magazine with CN Blue in it, and they were extremely sorry that they did not know that the said magazine was available at 7-Eleven. I bought one the night before at 7-Eleven Gil Puyat after the concert because I was extremely thirsty. Not only did I walk out with a bottle of water, I walked out with a copy of PULP magazine. I also lent to them my RE:Blue, and they were having a blast taking selcas with the mag and the album. One of the things that amused me was that, while we were all hyped up, a couple (I think, senior citizens of age) boredly looked at us. Later on, another girl sat behind us (though I will not divulge who she is), and she was with her Korean friend (though I do not know what she did). The girl who sat at the back, upon getting to know Boices at the airport, distributed some spare souvenir items for Miss Pebbles and her friends.

After some talking sessions with Miss Pebbles, I got to know why she was wheelchair-bound, though I think I do not have the prerogative to write down the reason why. I got to know that she and her friends are from General Santos City, home to the boxing champion Manny Pacquiao. She and her friends also created a CN Blue group in GenSan (CNBLUEming... I researched it according to the comments of the people) because she and the girls really love CN Blue. As for Miss Pebbles, she is a certified Boice, a certified Yong Hwa lady. No, she is not into OTPs (no YongShin nor YongSeo). The next paragraphs will be a chronicle of why I admire Miss Pebbles.

Like all the other Boices, Miss P bought concert tickets. Like all others, she also planned on where to stay. Like us, she kept herself updated to the news that Miss Happee Sy was posting. Like us, especially those in Visayas and Mindanao, she was keeping herself updated with the news regarding the weather. Like all other Yong Hwa ladies, she was also imagining how Yong Hwa will look like in person.

And she traveled to Manila no matter what.

Yes, no matter what, and she did not have an ounce of regret.

However, what sets her apart from me? From all the other Boices?

It was her leg condition that set her apart from all other Boices. No physical restraint could ever imprison a heart that loves. I knew the feeling of being wheelchair-bound, so I know that in that condition, there will always be lifestyle modifications. I will not elaborate what lifestyle modifications are implemented for people who cannot walk. Good thing for Miss Pebbles, she had fellow GenSan Boices who went with her and wheeled her.

We often take walking for granted and go on with our own plans (where we should sit, or whether or not we can talk to our guys), but Miss Pebbles walked a different path, that is, attending the concert on a wheelchair. This journey of a lifetime for Miss Pebbles is extra special. This is not just a concert. This is not just a travel. This is a travel to watch her favorite, her CN BLUE, perform. This is her journey to be with the one that she loves. In short, she did not let a condition stop her from doing what she should do, what she could do. Nothing hindered her from seeing Jung Yong Hwa for real.

There were sitting arrangements, all right, but so what? Miss Pebbles chose to sit in the middle aisle to get a good view of Yong Hwa. And what a good view she really got! And on that wheelchair, along the aisle, she cheered on for Yong Hwa. And to her, that night was one of the best memories she ever had.

Some good soul who was inspired took a photo of her, and it circulated on cyberspace. Even some netizens posted it on Twitter and tagged CN Blue. These netizens were inspired, which was why they did that.

And truly, Miss Pebbles is an inspiration. She is strong. She is awesome. Her legs might be helpless, but her heart and mind are not.

She shared to me that she felt grateful, but that she had done nothing special. She was just there to watch the concert and see Jung Yong Hwa. However, it meant a whole lot to people who saw her enjoying herself to the utmost. Miss Pebbles had taught us that disabilities are no excuses not to be able to do one's activities of daily living. She taught us that one can still do what she needs to do, what she wants to do despite the disability.

That uneventful afternoon before the flight turned out to be a great experience for me and for every Boice who had encountered Miss Pebbles. The occurrence was amusing, but it gave me insights to ponder.

I salute you, Miss Pebbles. Thank you for being an inspiration to every Boice.


좋은 하루 되세요!

3 comments:

  1. very touching.. I am really teary-eyed. T_T
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom from my heart, TY for sharing. I hope Yong Hwa knows the presence of Ms Pebbles and turns the force with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it just started with heartstring and continued watching with you're beautiful...looking back this momentous events..? after 2 months of being tagahanga and found out that cnblue has a concert in phil? no further question we just knew they got the ticket already..!hahaha...

    ReplyDelete